It is said that the Liebster Blog Award started in Germany (probably) and is used to highlight smaller, lesser known blogs. The Liebster is an award you accept with the intention of paying it forward. When accepting, you choose other blogs that you feel are deserving of more subscribers and pass the award on to them. You are not obligated to accept the award or to even pay it forward. This is just a way to get the word out about new blogs that your followers may not know.
There are four steps to receiving this award:
List eleven things about yourself
Answer your nominator’s eleven questions.
Choose up to eleven bloggers and ask them your own questions.
Inform your nominees of their award nomination
Although I have already received this award, I still qualify for it because I have a small readership which is quite nice because all my readers feel like my friends. So I thought I would take the opportunity to answer the questions posed by Diatribes & Ovations who was my nominator this time. Eleven things about me …
- I am a Sagittarius.
- I hate to shop. I hate food shopping, clothes shopping, even shoe shopping!
- I like being alone.
- I am extremely claustrophobic.
- I was born left-handed but was forced to write with my right hand, so I have great difficulty playing sports because my mind cannot pick which hand to catch a baseball with, etc. This has led to sprained fingers almost every time I play baseball.
- I have normal vertigo as well as Benign Positional Vertigo which makes stairs of any kind a nightmare.
- Hubby is my second husband. We have been together since 1996.
- I have always hated housework. No matter how often you do it, it always needs to be done again!
- I am allergic to cats, rabbits & birds.
- At 5’5″ I am the shortest person in my birth family.
- I was a model at my first job.
Here are my responses to Diatribes & Ovation’s questions & the questions I would like answered by any of my nominees if they choose to participate:
- Where was the destination of your favorite vacation? Cuba, we won the all expenses paid vacation.
- What are you afraid of if anything? Snakes & spiders
- How do you find inspiration to write? From things happening around me, from prompts, from dreams
- Boxers or briefs? Neither, I wear panties
- Name the “earworm” that annoys you the most. Nancy Grace or Jane Velez-Mitchell
- What is your all-time-favorite television show, and why? Bewitched, I thought it would be great to be able to help yourself with a little magic
- Have you met the love of your life? Yes, nuff said
- Do you know any LGBT people? Yes, I have a good friend who is gay
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go? I’d like to go back to Henry VIII’s time, when the Church of England was first formed & see what that looked like
- Who was the biggest influence in your childhood? My cousin Ross who showed me childhood didn’t have to be all rules
- What would you order for your “last meal”? Turkey with all the trimmings, pumpkin pie with whipped cream & an excellent cup of capuccino
I also received an award from tchistorygal which is totally new for me & I am thrilled to get it. Thank you so much!
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
Since I answered a lot of questions at the top of this post, they can serve as the answers for the rest of the awards too.
I got this award from Edward Hotspur who is one of the most insanely talented bloggers I know of (although I still don’t like free form poetry) & who just had a birthday!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person/s who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them
I would like to nominate the following blogs for these awards, they may choose to take them all if they like or any one, I think they are all terrific bloggers & deserve any & all awards:
Buckwheat (she has a new site, so this link is for the new one)
There are a lot of absolutely terrific bloggers on WordPress. If I have missed anyone, I am truly sorry, but I was trying for mainly women in this post so they could have the freedom to accept all the awards if they chose.
I look forward to reading all the responses!