Here is my attempt to get caught up on the Share Your World challenge. As you can see, I’m very far behind.
Have you ever been a participant in a parade? What did you do?
I have participated in 2 parades. The first time I was a clown, promoting the Buffalo BBQ in Winnipeg. I was actually featured for a few seconds on CBC TV for a few seconds, handing out balloons to children sitting on the curb. The Buffalo BBQ was a local festival for a group of subdivisions in Winnipeg. It featured rides like a ferris wheel, a carny row where you could participate in games of chance to win stuffed animals, carnival food & of course bison burgers.
The 2nd time I participated in a parade I was marching as part of the cheer team for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I quickly learned a hot day & a satin uniform leads to a lot of sweat, a sunburn & very sore feet.
If you were handed free opera tickets, would you go or sell them? Why?
I would not go. Due to my BPV (benign positional vertigo) I have a lot of trouble in all kinds of theaters & I feel sick the entire time I am in one, so this would ruin any enjoyment I might derive from the performance.
Why did you start your blog?
I wanted a place where I could start writing again. I had gotten out of the habit of writing & I wanted to test out the waters by putting a toe in the pond.
What is your favorite tradition? (family tradition, church tradition, whatever)
A lot of the traditions I grew up with have been lost. My favorite tradition used to be going to my Aunt Mary’s for Christmas brunch. My grandmother had 7 sisters & all of them, their children & grandchildren would gather at my aunt’s home for eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes & toast. Everyone would open their gifts at home, then get all dressed up to go see all our cousins, etc. We were allowed to bring one toy we got for Christmas & we could show them off to everyone. It was just a hugely happy atmosphere. Unfortunately, my Aunt Mary was the first of my grandmother’s sister to pass away, way too soon & no one took up the mantle to carry on this tradition.
Have you ever been in a submarine? If you haven’t, would you want to?
I have not been in a traditional submarine, but I have been in a tourist submarine where you climbed down into a small space with seats under water to view ship wrecks, coral & fish. Since I am claustrophobic, it is not an adventure I would want to repeat.
Are you a listener or a talker?
I am definitely a listener. Aren’t most introverts? My hubby more than makes up for my lack of conversation by talking enough for both of us.
Do you prefer crunchy peanut butter or smooth peanut butter? Anything with your peanut butter?
I prefer smooth peanut butter. I love peanut butter & it makes an appearance in a variety of food for me: peanut butter & banana sandwiches, peanut butter & marmalade on toast, peanut butter on hot dogs (yes, I did say hot dogs – try it instead of wrinkling up your nose) & peanut butter cookies!
Have you ever been drunk?
Yes, yes & yes! I lived in an abusive home, so I started drinking at the age of 12 with my girlfriends. We would pool our money together to buy a large bottle of orange juice & a mickey of vodka. We would pour out half the OJ & add the vodka into the OJ bottle, have a drink & pass it around. There were 5 of us in my group & one of us always stayed sober to make sure the rest of us got home safely. I’ll have to write more about this on a separate post.
List 2 things you have to be happy about.
- I am happy, that after many months of fighting, filling out paperwork & visiting doctor after doctor, I was informed last week that I have finally qualified for disability payments through the federal govt.
- I am happy that I have a very understanding husband. He may get a little frustrated from time to time, but he is my biggest supporter. He is the first one to tell me not to worry about what I CAN’T DO anymore, to concentrate of what I can do. He picks up where I have to leave off. I often tease him here about his short memory, but I know without question, I am his first priority always.
List at least 2 things in nature you find most beautiful.
- I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where I can see the Northern Lights when I get out of the city & I find it fascinating to watch them dance across the sky.
- I love to watch a turquoise ocean, with just a slight wind to make for an occasional white cap. I find nothing so peaceful as watching a large body of water & listening to the waves lap at the shore.
List 2 of your best personality traits.
- When I am trying to teach someone something, I have an abundance of patience.
- I am a genuinely kind person.
I hope you have been better than I have at participating in this challenge. If you would like to participate in this challenge, go here to get more information: http://ceenphotography.com/2014/08/18/share-your-world-2014-week-33/#respond